Pacific Forestry Centre
506 Burnside Road West
Victoria, British Columbia, V8Z 1M5
Tel.: (250) 298-2397
- studies the effects of forest management treatments on nutrient cycling processes
- studies compatible management opportunities for enhancing both timber and non-timber values, especially for salal Gaultheria shallon which is used as floral greenery
- is a member of the team researching critical loads for N and S deposition in the Georgia Basin, as part of an Environment Canada project, and
- is a cooperator on the Canadian Intersite Decomposition Experiment (CIDET) project.
- Salal Cedar Hemlock Integrated Research Project
- B.Sc. (Botany), 1979, St. Andrew’s, Scotland; Ph.D., 1985, University of Edinburgh.
- Associate Editor for the Canadian Journal of Forest Research, and on the Editorial Board for the journal New Forests, and
- Adjunct professor at Royal Roads University, with the Centre for Non-Timber Resources.
- AshNet (On-going)
- Development and validation of indicators of site sensitivity to biomass harvesting (On-going)
- Mapping of soil fertility and site sensitivity to forest biomass harvesting on a Quebec and Canadian scale (On-going)
- Date modified: