Molecular Forest Pathologist
Pacific Forestry Centre
506 Burnside Road West
Victoria, British Columbia, V8Z 1M5
Tel.: (250) 298-2378
- Development of molecular tools for marker-assisted selection in western white pine breeding programs.
- Identification of novel genetic resistance mechanisms in western white pine for the management of white pine-blister rust (Cronartium ribicola).
- Functional genomics study on the disease resistance gene family of conifer NBS-LRR proteins to understand molecular mechanisms of host defence against pathogen invasion.
- Functional genomics study on the transcription factor family of conifer WRKY proteins to understand pathogen-triggered signal transduction pathway.
- D. Sc. (Plant virology and biotechnology), Chinese Academy of Sciences; M. Sc. (Plant genetics), Chinese Academy of Sciences; B. Sc. (Biology), Hunan Normal University.
- Mass clonal (vegetative) propagation and genetic modification of forest trees through somatic embryogenesis (On-going)
- Date modified: