Research Scientist - Entomology
Pacific Forestry Centre
506 Burnside Road West
Victoria, British Columbia, V8Z 1M5
Tel.: (250) 298-2352
- Conducts a wide range of research projects related to the detection of recently established invasive alien species or the prevention of adventive transport of non-indigenous species in international trade including the:
- Development of detection tools for native and non-indigenous insects in urban and natural forest ecosystems. Current research interests include Adelgidae, Aphidoidea, Coccoidea, forest and urban Lepidoptera, bark and wood-boring Coleoptera; and
- Evaluation of the effects of nonindigenous introductions on species diversity in forest ecosystems; and
- Evaluation of the efficacy of phytosanitary treatments for green wood in preventing reinfestation of wood packaging;and
- Development novel diagnostic tools for the identification of forest arthropods in collaboration with the Barcode of Life ; and
- Curation of the Canadian Forest Service-Pacific Insect Reference Collection.
- Exotic Wood-boring Beetles in BC: Interceptions and Establishments.
- B.Sc., 1977, University of Victoria; Ph.D. (Biology), 1987.
- Adjunct Professor, Forest Sciences Department, Faculty of Forestry, University of British Columbia
- Date modified: